ENCINITAS BEACH CLEANUP THIS WEEKEND
– SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21 –
Moonlight State Beach
408 C St
Encinitas, CA 92024
HOSTED BY: ALESSANDRO FRASCHETTI
SPONSORED BY: VIVIX 659 & SURFRIDER FOUNDATION SD
MEET UP UNDER THE BLACK VIVIX TENT @ MOONLIGHT
@ 9 AM.
Come out, clean up, have a good time.
Vi will be bringing some coffee and donuts for all volunteers.
IT’S A GOOD THING – SO COME OUT.
• Comb the beach, searching the shoreline for trash which threatens to be swept out to sea by the incoming tide.
• Key targets are the SMALL pieces of trash (plastic wrappers, bottle caps, cigarette butts, etc) and other tiny pieces that marine and land animals may mistake for food and ingest.
• In an attempt to conserve resources and reduce the use of plastics PLEASE bring gardening or work gloves and your own reusable bag or bucket. This also helps limit what ends up at the garbage dump. However, should you not have such items, latex gloves and plastic bags will be provided.
• Please wear comfortable clothes and dress in layers. Wear closed toed shoes and bring Suntan Lotion. Stay hydrated and bring a reusable water bottle as there’s a water fountain nearby. (There are also restroom facilities at Moonlight).
• Hand sanitizer will be provided.
• Turn it into a day at the beach. Pack along your beach gear and after the clean up, stay and enjoy a beautiful day on a clean beach!
• Bring your camera, snap some pictures of your findings and post them on the Meet Up website!
• PLEASE bring as many friends as you like, the more the merrier!
All volunteers are welcome to participate and must sign a liability waiver, but volunteers under 18 MUST have a parent or guardian sign the waiver before the minor can participate. (Please note the NEW waiver as of August 2009)
Bringing together concerned individuals to help clean up the beach. Also a great place to connect with like minded people who share an interest in conserving, protecting and enjoying the beach and the environment.
*Earn Community Service Credits
*We can clean up your favorite Beach!
*Picking up trash not for you? No prob, click on About Us, and learn the different ways you can support cleaner beaches!
GROUP GUIDELINES: Important info for businesses and members